Last updated: March 12, 2021
Information We Collect
1. Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us
At various points in the Bi-Rite experience, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, when you sign up to receive emails from us, complete a survey, participate in a sweepstakes, make a purchase, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites, we collect the personal information you provide like your name, email address, delivery address, zip code, phone number, credit card information, details of your order, survey responses, and any other details you choose to share.
The Services may also offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
2. Information we collect automatically
When you access or use the Services we automatically collect information about you, including: Information Collected by Cookies, Pixels, and Other Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use various technologies to collect information, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, scripts, and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access the Services through a browser. We may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), pixels, scripts, and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us do things such as improve the Services and your experience, understand how you use the Services and other services, and personalize your experience.
Usage Information: We (and our service providers) collect information about your use of the Services, and these third-parties may also deploy cookies, pixels, or other identifiers on our site. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand, in a non-personal way, how users interact with various portions of our site.
Log information: When you use the Services, our servers record information about your usage of the Services and information sent by your browser or device. Logs information can include things like IP address, browser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers, pages you view and links you click, searches you run, and other ways you interact with the Services. If you are logged into the Services, this information is stored with your account information.
Transaction information: When you make a purchase, return an item, or redeem an offer from us, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, shipping information, purchase price, date, and location of the transaction.
3. Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from publicly available sources and combine that information with information we collect about you. Our partners may let us collect information about use of their sites/apps or share such information with us. For example, if you use a Bi-Rite button or widget on another site or app, we may receive information about your use of that button or widget and the third-party site/app.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and Services;
- Charge you for the purchase costs through one or more payment processing partners;
- Understand how users interact with the Services as a whole and to test new features and products or changes in our features and products;
- Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of the Services;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct sweepstakes and process entries, and awards;
- In connection with research and development activities;
- Personalize your online experience and the content you see when you use the Services or third-party platforms and audit your interactions with content and ads, including, but not limited to, by counting ad impression and unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; and
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including payment processing and delivery services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Bi-Rite or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, a change in the structure of our business, such as a combination with another business, sale of assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Bi-Rite Family of Businesses and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.”
Changes to this Policy
This policy may change from time to time and any revised Policy will be posted at this page, so we encourage you to review it regularly. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy.
Bi-Rite Family of Businesses
3505 20th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Ph: 415-241-9760 extension 8016
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California have certain rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences drawn from any of the information provided. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories and sources of such collection, please see “Collection of Information” above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Information” above.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information > Categories of Recipients
- Identifiers > Data analytics providers, service providers, advertising networks
- Commercial information > Data analytics providers, service providers, social networks
- Internet or other electronic network activity information > Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms
- Electronic information > Data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, advertising networks, social networks
Bi-Rite does not sell your personal information.
Your Consumer Rights
If you are a California resident, subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of the sale of your personal information, if applicable, and (4) be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA. You may make these requests by calling 415-241-9760 extension 8016, or sending an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- First name
- Last name
- Request details including the type of request you are submitting and the ways in which you have interacted with us in the prior 12 months (i.e., which locations you have shopped at)
We will verify your request by asking you to provide specific information related to your past interactions with us, such as information about a purchase you made or survey you completed. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, please have them submit a request via email that includes the information outlined above. You must also provide the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code section 4000 to 4465 or written and signed permission to submit the request, as well as verify your own identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you have provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request.